Pages

Thursday 22 May 2014

L96 Sniper Rifle (Well-01 )

Nearly everyone fancies being a sniper at some point.  I am no different.  The Well 01 L96 is most peoples route in and again I was no different.



I ordered mine from Airsoftworld.  I already had a reasonable scope so could afford to scrimp a couple of pounds.  The first mounts are the standard ones and as this is an airsoft weapon they sit a bit high.  Brand new out of the box.


A lot of people spray their guns.  I went down the tape route.  This is a very early stage using woodland tape.

Upgrades are important on the Well.  I changed the trigger for a metal one. Upgraded the spring to M150 and then following an incident rupturing the original cylinder added a Teflon one.

The route to upgrades should be factored in to your purchase at the beginning.  Don't wait for something to break first.

I have moved on to using Flecktarn tape rather than woodland plus a small amount of scrim on the sight.  I also took a dremel to the body of mine to drill out the magwell to fit a faux magazine using an M14 mag donated by a mate.  The mag had to be cut down as well.  I also bought some mid height sight mounts as well to bring the amount of exposure needed to take a shot.


I have also bought a suppressor adaptor and the barrel spacers for the gun as well. It is still using the original hop though.  The metal hop adds about another 30 - 50 fps so with the M150 spring is over the UK limit.  I had to trim the spring down to go to Ai500 so it would be at 500 fps.  I have since trimmed it even further as some of the sites in the southwest are 450.  End result it may be better to stay with the stock spring, then the metal hop and see where that takes you rather than jumping straight in with a new spring and piston set.

No comments:

Post a Comment